Version: May 15, 2014
Thank you for visiting FanAreDirectory.com, FanAreaBiz.com and or one of the other websites (jointly the “Website” or “Websites”) of Fan Area Business Alliance, Inc., a non-profit organization based in Richmond, Virginia (“FABA” or the “Organization”).
What information does Organization collect from User?
Organization may collect non-personally identifiable data (“NPI Data”) from each User using common website user reporting software installed on Website’s server. NPI Data is general information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. For example, this information may include the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website visited prior to visiting the Website, the URL of the website visited after leaving the Website, the type of browser used by User, the pages and content accessed by the User within the Website and the User’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
We do not collect any personally identifiable data (“PI Data”) from user of the Website unless the User voluntarily submits PI Data to the Organization using the Website, through an unsolicited communication to Organization or other similar means. If User submits PI Data online or in an unsolicited communication including registering for an account or submitting a comment, Organization would receive PI Data submitted by the User.
In addition to PI Data, User may voluntarily submit personal information when creating a user account, creating a member profile listing, creating an event listing, registering for an event or activity, or acquiring a product or service. The Organization would collect any information the User submits.
How does Organization collect information from User?
User’s information is collected in these primary ways:
- Software tools – the Website collects NPI Data through the use of software code, such as cookies and web applications, as part of the operation of the Website.
- Forms – the Website collects PI Data and other similar information when voluntarily submitted by the User through an online form or a data field.
- Member listings and events – the Website and the Organization collect information voluntarily submitted by a member about the member’s products, services and events using various online fields, forms and listings, and through other interaction with the member.
- Communications – the Organization collects information submitted by the User in any communication submitted to the Organization.
- Comments – the Website collects and displays comments voluntarily submitted by the User as a “comment” about a member, product, service, event or other similar matter involving the Organization or a member.
How does Organization use information collected from a User?
The Organization uses NPI Data to help provide User with an effective online experience, to improve the Organization’s products and services, to report Website user statistics to the Organization’s management, members and third parties, to enhance the operation of the Website, and other similar standard uses.
The Organization uses PI Data to help address User’s intended inquiry or submission, to help the User find products, services and events offered by FABA and FABA members, to improve the Organization’s products, services, events and other activities, and to help address other similar matters.
If the User is a FABA member, the Organization uses the User’s data to create and manage the member’s account; to create, display and promote the member’s profile listing; to create, display and promote the member’s products, services and events, and other similar matters.
With whom does Organization share user information?
Regarding non-identifiable NPI Data, Organization may share NPI Data with the Organization’s management, members, advisors, software consultants or others who are assisting Organization improve or conduct its operations. The Organization may share NPI Data with thrid parties such as Website advertisers and sponsors.
Regarding private PI Data, the Organization does not share, sell, trade or rent User PI Data to third parties. Organization uses PI Data for internal purposes only. The Organization may share limited information with a third party to the limited extent necessary to complete an intended transaction (such as for account payment or event registration).
Regarding PI Data submitted by a member intended for the member’s publicly viewable profile listing, event listing or other similar public promotional matter, the Website and the Organization will share the submitted information with user viewing the Website.
Depending on the nature of the PI Data, Organization might use PI Data to:
- Provide requested information to the User.
- Conduct the Organization’s programs and activities.
- Comply with a court order, subpoena, or law enforcement investigation.
- Report activity to law enforcement officials reasonably believed by Organization to constituted illegal conduct.
Third Party Websites
Terms and Conditions